Malaysian International Passport
A Malaysian Passport is a valid Travel Document issued to a Malaysian citizen for the purpose of traveling out of the country.
PLACE TO APPLY
All Immigration Offices in Malaysia and at Malaysian Representative Offices abroad.
The validity period of the passport is FIVE (5) years from the Date of issue.
|A||ORDINARY APPLICANT (13 YEARS -59 YEARS)||RM 200.00|
|B||SENIOR CITIZENS (60 YEARS AND OVER)||RM 100.00|
|C||CHILDREN (12 YEARS AND UNDER)||RM 100.00|
|D||STUDENTS ATTENDING DEGREE PROGRAMS ABROAD (21 YEARS AND UNDER)||RM 100.00|
|E||PILGRIMAGE (LETTER OF CONFIRMATION FROM TABUNG HAJJ OR APPOINTED AGENCY)||RM100.00|
|F||PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES (OKU)||FREE|
- For students aged 21 and below who receive an offer to further their studies at the degree level at the Institute of Higher Learning (IPT) abroad must submit the following supporting documents:
- IPT or Student Recruitment Agency offer letter or scholarship / sponsorship offer letter.
- Receipt of payment of registration fee and
- Student Matrix Card (if studying)
- People with disabilities (OKU) who are registered with the Social Welfare Department must submit the Registration Card issued by the Social Welfare Department as proof.
FORM OF PAYMENT
- Credit card
- Postage or Bank Draft crossed
On behalf of the Director General of Immigration Malaysia / State Director of Immigration
Malaysian Representation Abroad
On behalf of the High Commission of Malaysia / Assistant High Commission of Malaysia / Embassy of Malaysia / Consulate General of Malaysia (where applicable)
FIRST TIME PASSPORT APPLICATIONApplicants must adhere to the following procedures:
- Applicants must present themselves at the Immigration Office or the Malaysian Representative Office Abroad.
- Over -the -counter applications for Immigration Offices in Malaysia or at Attaché’s Offices in Singapore, New York, London, Hong Kong, Melbourne and Jakarta do NOT need to bring photographs unless the application is submitted through the Malaysian Representative Office abroad.
Refer to the following table for first time application
A. Applicants 18 years of age and older
|TYPE OF APPLICATION||CONDITIONS|
|Born in Malaysia||Applicant's MyKad If you do not have a MyKad, Temporary Identity Card (JPN.KPPK 09) and the applicant's birth certificate are required)|
|Born Abroad||Mykad Applicant Form W / Birth Certificate / Certificate of Status / Confirmation of Citizenship Status (PTW) Travel document / passport used when returning to Malaysia.|
|Applicants who are Malaysian citizens of Sabah and Sarawak who are applying for the first time at the Peninsular Malaysia Immigration Office||The applicant's MyKad and birth certificate The MyKad holder must be marked 'H' for Sabah and 'K' for Sarawak. While the unsigned MyKad must be adjusted first at the National Registration Department (JPN) If you do not have a MyKad, Temporary Identity Card (JPN.KPPK09dan 11) and the applicant's birth certificate is required Note: Application will be referred to the Sabah and Sarawak Immigration Office and approval will be notified after 5 working days.|
|Officers and Members of the Army||Military Identity Card / MyTentera|
|Police Officers and Members||Police Identity Card Birth Certificate|
|TYPE OF APPLICATION||CONDITIONS|
|Born in Malaysia||MyKad / MyKid Applicant Birth certificate of MyKad applicant Parent (Parent must be present)|
|Born Abroad||Mykad / MyKid Applicant Form W / Birth Certificate / Certificate of Status / Confirmation of Citizenship Status (PTW) Travel document / passport used when returning to Malaysia. MyKad Parent (Parent must be present)|
|Applicants who are Malaysian citizens of Sabah and Sarawak who are applying for the first time at the Peninsular Malaysia Immigration Office||MyKad / MyKid applicant and birth certificate Form W / Birth Certificate / Certificate of Status / Confirmation of Citizenship Status (PTW) MyKad holders must be marked 'H' for Sabah and 'K' for Sarawak. If you do not have a MyKad, Temporary Identity Card (JPN.KPPK09dan 11) and the applicant's birth certificate is required. Note 2: Applications will be referred to the Sabah and Sarawak Immigration Offices and approval will be notified after 5 working days.|
C. Applicants Under 18 years of age
|Type of Application||Terms|
|If the mother and father have died||MyKad /MyKid applicant. Applicant's birth certificate. Death certificate of mother/father. Affidavit of custody of the child by a legal guardian. Valid Guardian's Identity Card / Valid Guardian's Passport (if not a citizen). Legal guardian's birth certificate (if required).|
|If the mother and father are divorced||MyKad /MyKid applicant. Applicant's birth certificate. A court letter granting custody of the child. MyKad of the parent who is given legal custody/ Passport of the valid Guardian (if not a citizen).|
|If the applicant is an adopted child||MyKad /MyKid applicant. Adoption Certificate issued by the National Registration Department (JPN). MyKad of adoptive parent / valid passport (non -citizen).|
|If the applicant is married||MyKad of the applicant for Marriage Certificate or Divorce Letter (if divorced)|
MALAYSIAN PASSPORT PHOTO SPECIFICATION
- Photographs will be taken in the passport section using the Facial Live Capture tool
- Applicants must wear dark-colored clothing and cover the shoulders and chest
- Looking directly at the camera, the eyes should be open and the mouth closed
- Not wearing a hat/hair does not protect the face and does not cover the forehead for those who wear a hijab
- The wearing of eyeglasses and glasses is not allowed while taking pictures
- Applicants who wear a hijab must wear a dark-colored hijab
- A 35mm x 50mm photo with a WHITE background without a shadow
- Passport bearer's face size is a minimum of 25-30mm (50% - 60% of the photo space size according to ICAO)
APPLICATION FOR PASSPORT REPLACEMENT THROUGH THE COUNTER
A new passport book will be issued to passport replacement applicants
- The remaining period (maximum limit of 6 months only) in the old passport will be included in the new passport with the following conditions:
- Not a case of lost or damaged: and
- Not the case under investigation
- The required documents are the same as the first time application
- Applicants must bring the last used Malaysian passport
CASE OF LOST / DAMAGED MALAYSIAN PASSPORT
Application for replacement of lost / damaged passport can be submitted at any Immigration office nearby by submitting the following documents:
- Police report (Missing case)
- MyKad / MyKid applicant
- Birth certificate and MyKad of parents (Applicants under 18 years old)
- If you do not have a MyKad, the applicant’s temporary identity card (JPN.KPPK09 and 11) is required
- Questionnaire form (IM42c)
- Copy of previous PMA
- Marriage certificate or divorce letter (Applicants under 18 years old if divorced)
- Confirmation letter from employers working abroad (if applicable)
- Emergency certificate and report from the entrance (if applicable)
- Certificate from the Fire Department in case of fire
- Letter from the Local Authority for natural disaster cases
The approval of the application for a replacement passport that has been lost / damaged depends on the decision of the DIRECTOR GENERAL OF IMMIGRATION and the investigation results are notified within FIVE (5) working days from the date the application is received.
Loss of passport abroad must be reported immediately at the nearest Malaysian Representative office to obtain a replacement.
FINES FOR LOSS AND DAMAGE OF MALAYSIAN INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT (PMA) WHICH IS STILL VALID
- The use of the words son (A/L) and daughter (A/P) for Indians and non -Muslims on the main page of Malaysian passports has been abolished but stated on the ‘OBSERVATION’ page.
- If the applicant is under the age of 18, a parent’s MyKad is required.
- Malaysian passports not claimed after THREE (3) months from the Collection Date stated on the payment receipt will be canceled and disposed of. Applicants whose passports have been revoked if they need a passport must submit a new application according to the normal process and payment.
- There is no longer a facility to enter the child’s details in the parent’s or father’s passport. Children including newborns need to apply separately and parents can apply to change the photo after the baby is 3 years old and above accompanied by TWO (2) pieces of 35mm x 50mm photos with a white background without a shadow, birth certificate, and present together with the child in question at the Immigration Office.
- Based on the Child Care Act ( Guardianship Act 1961- Pind 1999 ). Mothers can now like fathers make confirmation for the application of children under 18 years old.
- Passports that are reported lost and found cannot be used and information will be passed on to INTERPOL.