Sunday : April 02, 2023 - 3.22 am

  1. Utama
  2. »
  3. Working permit for Spouse...

Working permit for Spouse of Malaysian Citizen

1.The foreign husband/wife is permitted to work in Malaysia without having to change their Social Visit Pass to the Employment Pass on condition that the spouse has acquired work approval from the Immigration Department.

2.The approval is in the form of an endorsement on the passport/travel document.

3.The endorsement is given free of charge. 

4.The endorsement entitles the holder to work in any legal profession.

5.The application for the endorsement can be made at the Visa, Pass and Permit Division  Immigration Head Quarters or at the nearest state Immigration office.

6.The permit is effective any time after or during the submission of the Social Visit Pass.

7.The letter of application should be submitted together with a copy of the letter of appointment/company registration evidence, marriage certificate and a valid Long Term Social Visit Pass.

Skip to content