Local Approval Center
1. New Application (KHEDN Approval)
- From 1 August 2005, applications are submitted to the Local Approval Center at KHEDN (located on the 4th Floor, Malaysian Immigration Department, Putrajaya)
- Officers from relevant agencies such as MITI, KSM, KPIAT, KPPK and CIDB are stationed full time at this center.
- The approval letter will be issued only after the employer makes the levy payment within two days.
2. Admission of Foreign Workers under Local Approval
a. KLIA International Airport
- Foreign workers must obtain a Visa from a Malaysian representative office abroad. OR
- Visa On Arrival facility provided the employee boarded a MAS, Air Asia or national airline of the country of origin.
b. Another Entrance
- Foreign workers from Thailand and Indonesia must obtain a visa from the Malaysian Representative Office in those countries.
- or Indian foreign workers, employers are allowed to apply for Multiple Entry Visa/Single Entry visa according to existing procedures from the Malaysian representative office abroad in India to enter Malaysia through KLIA.
- Address of Local Approval Centers: (Ministry of Home Affairs)
Foreign Worker Management Division
No.15, Tingkat 4 (Podium), Persiaran Perdana Presint 2,
Secretariat, Foreign Labor Committee
Wilayah Persekutuan Labuan
Secretariat, Standing Committee on Indonesian Foreign Labor in Sabah
Pejabat Imigresen SabahKompleks Pentadbiran Kerajaan Persekutuan Jalan UMS,
88300 Kota Kinabalu, Sabah
Jabatan Buruh Sarawak
Tingkat 13, Bangunan Sultan Iskandar
Jalan Simpang Tiga P.O. Box 1383
93532 Kuching SARAWAK