- Who are classified as Expatriate
Foreigners who are qualified to fulfill the following positions :
- Key Post
Top Managerial Post of a foreign owned company operating in Malaysia.
Responsible for looking after the company's interests and investments.
Responsible for determining the company's policies and goals.
- Executive Post
Professional/Middle Managerial Post.
Required academic and working experience, practical skills related to the respective jobs.
Responsible for implementing the company's policies and supervision toward the junior staff.
- Non-Executive Post
Require working experience and technical skills related to the respective jobs.
- Key Post
- List of positions not applicable for Expatriate status
List of positions not applicable for Expatriate status under the Sectors regulated by CIDB
Mechanical & Electrical 1 Electrical Charge man 2 Electrical Wireman 3 Telephone and Telegraph Installer 4 Air Conditioning Unit (including ducting works) Installer 5 Lift and Escalator Installer and Tester Earth Moving Plant Operator 6 Excavator Operator 7 Shovel Operator 8 Dozer Operator 9 Motor Grader Operator 10 Scrapper Operator 11 Roller Compactor Operator 12 Backhoe Loader Operator 13 Lorry Driver 14 Forklift Operator 15 Wheel Loader Operator Crane Operator 16 Crawler Crane Operator 17 Mobile Crane Operator 18 Tower Crane Operator Non-Destructive Testing 19 Radiography Testing Technician 20 Ultrasonic Testing Technician 21 Penetrant Testing Technician 22 Magnetic Particle Testing Technician Scaffolder 23 Scaffolding Inspector 24 Frame & Modular Scaffolder 25 Tube & Coupler 26 Assistant Scaffolder Building & Civil 27 Plumbing & Sanitary Fitter 28 Water reticulation Pipe Installer Welding 29 SMAW 1G Welder 30 FCAW (SS) Pipe/Plate -1G &3G Welder 31 GTAW (CS) Pipe -6G & 3G Welder 32 FCAW (GS) Pipe/Plate -6G Welder 33 SMAW (CS) Pipe/Plate -6G & 3G Welder 34 GTAW (CS) Pipe -6G & 3G Welder 35 GT+SMAW (CS) Pipe -6G Welder 36 SMAW (CS) Pipe/Plate – 3G Welder 37 GTAW (CS) Pipe/Plate -6G & 3G Welder 38 Welding Inspector Construction Site Supervisor 39 Site Supervisor
Industrialised Building Systems (IBS) Sector. 40. All positions listed under IBS Sector
- Expatriates with monthly wages of more than RM8000
Automatic approval will be given to expatriates who are paid RM8, 000 and above per month. Conditions are as follows: -
- Application form (DP10), which has been completed must be attached to the original Employment Contract which has been stamped with a revenue stamp;
- The sponsoring company should submit the Undertaking Letter which states that the company will pay salaries and tax revenues based on the expatriate employment contract
- The sponsoring company should comply with the conditions set by the Regulatory agencies such as the local licensing body, manufacturing licensing body, 'Wholesale and Retail Trade' (WRT) body, CIDB certificates etc;
- For follow-up applications, the sponsor is required to submit the application form (DP10), together with an "Undertaking Letter" and the Expatriate’s income tax receipts.
- Completed applications received will be processed within one (1) day. Inspection visits will be held after three (3) months from the date of the issue of the employment pass.
- The sponsor is required to submit the Expatriate’s income tax receipts, if necessary.
- Visa Facilities for D-8 Member States Businessmen
The 6th D-8 Summit for the D-8 countries, namely Malaysia, Bangladesh, Indonesia, Iran, Egypt, Nigeria, Pakistan, and Turkey was held in Kuala Lumpur on July 8, 2008. At the Summit the Government of Malaysia has agreed and signed an agreement on the Simplication of Visa Procedures For The businessmen of the D-8 Member states. This came into force on January 21, 2009. With the agreement of the Embassies / Representative of Malaysia the visa facilities to the businessmen members of the National D-8 were processed and approved: -
NO VISA TYPE CUSTOMER CHARTER 1. Single Entry Visa (SEV) 5 working days 2. Multiple Entry Visa (MEVs) 10 working days 3. MEVs validity period is 12 months with the length of stay for 30 days for each entry.