2nd Stage - Application for Employment Pass
This is a process for the issuance of passes to Expatriates who have been approved by the Expatriate Committee (EC) or the relevant regulatory agencies.
1. Required Documents
One (1) set of application form together with the following supporting documents:
i. Letter of Authority from the company or letter of appointment as a company's representative.
ii. Duly completed DP11 Form with passport size photograph.
iii. Offer and Acceptance Letter or Employment Contract (RM10.00 Stamped) or Personal Bond which has been stamped with a RM10.00 revenue stamp for the application of a Visitor’s Pass (Temporary Employment)
iv. One complete copy of the Expatriate’s Official passport (Two copies for PRC citizens).
2. Other Documents (If relevant)
- Letter of approval from MIDA/BNM/SC/JPM/LHDN where relevant (approval from EC and MDEC is not required)
- Print-out of company’s profile from Companies Commission of Malaysia (SSM) or form 9, form 24 and form 49 for approval by MIDA and EC (if EC imposes capital appreciation).
- Expatriate's resume, copies of Diploma/Degree for non key posts under the approval of MIDA (for posts approved by MIDA and its incumbent, the above supporting documents are not required)
- Release letter from former employer if the Expatriate wishes for a change in employer.
The application should be submitted to :
Employment Pass Division
3rd Floor, Block 2G4 (PODIUM)
Federal Government Administrative Centre
62550 Putrajaya, Federal Territory
*The application can be submitted by hand or by post
4. Pass issued to the Expatriate’s dependant
A: Dependant Pass
- Children under the age of 21.
- Legally adopted children
- Handicapped/disabled children.
B: Social Visit Pass
- Expatriate’s parents
- Common Law Wife (certified by the Embassy)
- Children above 21 years old
C: Social Visit Pass (Long Term)
- Husband / wife (temporary work pass holders)
- Children over the age of 21 years.
Submit all applications with proof of relationship that is certified by the Embassy / court
5. Confirmation for issuance of pass to Expatriate
An Employment pass is issued to the Expatriate to enable him to stay and work legally in the country. However there are certain categories of Expatriates who are allowed to work in this country on a Visitor’s Pass (Temporary Employment).
An Employment Pass or Visitor’s Pass (Temporary Employment) under the approval of the Expatriate Committee is subjected to the period of contract and the monthly salary of the Expatriate.
6. Levy for Visitor’s Pass (Temporary Employment)
7. Fees & charges for issuance of Passes
A. Employment Pass
With effect from 1st January 2009, approval is given for a period of at least two years for a post involving a salary of RM5,000 and above.
- Key post (approval by MIDA) - fees charged are RM300.00 per year or part thereof.
- Management post/Senior/Intermediate/Professional/Technical - fees charged are RM200.00 per year or part thereof.
- Employment Pass - no levy charged.
B. Other Charges
- Processing fees for Employment Pass, Visitor’s Pass (Temporary Employment) - fees charged are RM50.00 per post/application.
- Processing fees for "Journey Perform Visa" - fees charged are RM500.00 per post/application.
C. Immigration requirements
- Any Citizen who requires a visa has to acquire a Visa with Reference prior to entry into Malaysia for the purpose of employment.
- A Visa with Reference can be applied for at the Malaysian Foreign Missions office after approval for employment has been granted by any Immigration Office in Malaysia.
- Please be informed that passes or I - Cards issued in Peninsular Malaysia to the Expatriate and his dependants are only valid for Peninsular Malaysia and does not include Sabah and Sarawak.
- The Expatriate and his dependant(s) are required to bring along their travel document(s) when travelling outside Peninsular Malaysia for the purpose of immigration clearance.
- Last Updated on Thursday, 05 April 2012 00:47