Division L - Legal Advisor
|Address||Immigration Department of Malaysia Headquarters|
|Level 6 (PODIUM)|
|No 15, Persiaran Perdana, Precinct 2|
- Provides legal advice on all areas of law, except for international law and Islamic law, in respect of the matters referred to it by the Government.
- Helps interpret the law when required by the Government.
- Drafts or reviews legal documents such as legal notices, agreements and memoranda of understanding whereby the Government is a party to ensure the Government's interests are protected.
- Conduct research or studies on matters relating to law when required by the Government.
- Advise the Government on regulations and draft bills, if any, to reflect policy decisions made by the Government and submit the drafts to Parliament Law makers for approval.
- Participate in negotiations relating to Government projects, particularly privatisation projects and information and communications technology.
- Attend meetings at the invitation of the Government agencies and provide legal advice on matters discussed to ensure that any policy decision made by the Government is according to law.
- Participate in information sharing or training sessions on legal matters by providing legal expertise to both parties, the Government and non- Government agencies.
Provide quality and professional legal advice that is consistent with the Constitution and Laws of Malaysia to the Government within the prescribed time.
- To be recognised in its efficiency, professionalism and responsiveness in providing legal advice and
- To be able to make sound decisions that take into account public interest and justice and bring sustainable benefits to the country.
Credible in giving legal professional advice according to national law.
5. CLIENT CHARTER
- Committed to provide legal advice according to the Federal Constitution and laws to the Government in writing or verbally within 7 days.
- Committed to submit the Attorney General’s to the Ministry’s Cabinet Ministers’ Memorandum within 14 days.
- Strive to formulate and review legal documents such as agreements, instruments and the memorandum of understanding which takes into account Government policy and public interests within 14 days.
- Strive to conduct legal research, including the coordination and harmonisation of civil and Syariah laws within a period not exceeding three months.
Note: The Client Charter is only applicable for normal cases and and does not include applications that are incomplete, problematic or need further explanations.
6. ORGANISATIONAL STRUCTURE
- Administration and Finance
- Legal Assistant
- Last Updated on Friday, 09 March 2012 01:53